Download printable version
Graduate Teaching Assistant
· Berlesduna Academy Trust has an exciting opportunity for a number of Graduate Teaching Assistants to join the team
· Start Date: 1st September 2018 Salary: £15537
· Applications and Interviews ongoing
All of our schools have an excellent reputation in the local community. All form the Berlesduna Academy Trust (www.berlesduna.co.uk), where the vision is to create and foster a culture of high aspiration, enjoyment for learning, academic success and lifelong skills amongst all pupils, regardless of their social, economic or cultural background.
The Graduate Teaching Assistant Post
You will be joining as a general teaching assistant with the responsibility of supporting all pupils within the class. Literacy and numeracy will be your main focus and you will work with groups of pupils to help them progress in these areas. The teacher will look to you to take on further teaching assistant responsibility as the year progresses and as you develop in confidence. There may be situations where you conduct small group teaching assistant sessions to reinforce key curriculum concepts. Furthermore, some pupils in the class may need additional teaching assistant support due to their additional learning difficulties ie dyslexia/ADHD/ADD.
Who should apply for this Graduate Teaching Assistant post?
· enthusiastic, aspiring to be teachers who are keen to get involved across the school and build up as much experience as possible
· extremely reliable and committed
· academically able
· very competent and passionate about education and gaining hands-on knowledge prior to applying for a schools direct training program
You must also be considering an initial teacher training course the following academic year, after a successful post as a teaching assistant, in September 2019. Schools Direct placements (as part of the Merrylands Teaching Training Partnership) will be offered to teaching assistants who excel and show the correct aptitude in their practice.
· please take care to complete the application in full as incomplete applications will not be considered
· we reserve the right to close the vacancy early so recommend that you submit your application at your earliest convenience
· the Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults
· all successful applicants will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, medical clearance and satisfactory references
· we are an equal opportunities employer
The following documents are attached
· Berlesduna Equal Opportunities form
· Berlesduna Recruitment and Selection Policy
· Job Description
· Person Specification
Information about the School
The vision of the Berlesduna Academy Trust is to create and foster a culture of high aspiration, enjoyment for learning, academic success and lifelong skills amongst all pupils, regardless of their social, economic or cultural background.