Download printable version
Scale 7 - Scale 8 (2019 Band 4)
£22,675 - £28,684 Actual
37 hours x 40 weeks per year
Thurstable School are seeking to appoint an Attendance, Welfare and Safeguarding Manager to join our School in this newly created role. This is an exciting opportunity for a committed, hard-working individual who is passionate about Education to improve outcomes for students.
We are looking for someone who can work in a fast paced environment, providing strategic, operational and administrative support to promote whole school attendance strategies in line the Schools targets. You will work closely with the Designated Safeguarding Lead playing a key role in ensuring that safeguarding practice goes from strength to strength and that the students with receive the best care.
We believe this is an exciting time to join the school and help our students reach their undoubted full potential. If you can dream big, work hard and also have a sense of fun, and we genuinely believe that you will really enjoy working at Thurstable.
We welcome visits or conversations with prospective applicants. To arrange a tour or a confidential phone call, please contact us directly. Please complete an application form to apply.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all our students and all posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Information about the School
Thank you for taking an interest in joining us as at Thurstable School.
Thurstable School is an ambitious 11-19 academy with 1209 students, located in Tiptree near Colchester in Essex. I have been in post since September 2020 and am extremely excited about the journey we have just started. We believe that all children have limitless potential, and are proud to offer a comprehensive education to all students in our local community. We expect all staff, students and parents to embrace our three principles - Aspire, Respect & Endeavour - so that our students leave school as ambitious, confident and successful young adults with the highest standards of integrity.
Why join us?
● We are committed that classrooms should be disruption free so that every minute counts and are adopting a centralised approach to behaviour centred on a warm/strict philosophy and shared routines across the school. It is these routines that allow the positive student-staff relationships to flourish.
● We think you, the teacher, is the expert. We promote the importance of teacher led lessons based on brilliant subject knowledge, great explanations and skilful questioning. We are equally committed to continuing to develop your subject knowledge and pedagogy.
● Our commitment to genuine development, our CPD is based on a shared understanding of Teaching and Learning based on the work of Rosenshine and Lemov’s Teach Like A Champion, and from September all teaching staff (including the Headteacher) will receive coaching feedback at least every fortnight.
● We are committed to staff wellbeing and adopting sensible approaches to workload. We recognise the efforts and achievements of all our staff on a weekly basis and never take anyone’s work for granted.
● We are on a journey of which you can be a driving part. Our school improvement groups, led by non-SLT members, are crucial to driving change in the school and this year played a key role in shaping our behaviour policy, uniform and staff development model.
We believe this is an exciting time to join the school and help our students reach their undoubted full potential. If you can dream big, work hard and also have a sense of fun, I genuinely believe that you will really enjoy working at Thurstable.
Our new website will be online after Easter and provide a clear picture of our aspirations and our vision; however, please do not hesitate to contact us to seek further information. We very much look forward to receiving applications from candidates whose personal qualities, values and experiences support and reflect ours. We welcome visits or conversations with prospective applicants.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people therefore this appointment will be subject to vetting, including an enhanced DBS disclosure.
We look forward to hearing from you soon