Download printable version
Teaching Assistant - Key Stage 2 (FIXED TERM CONTRACT)
New Essex Band 2 Points 3 - 5
28.75 hours (term time only) : 8.30 a.m. - 3.15 p.m. daily
Required September 2019 (or as soon as possible thereafter) - this is a fixed term contract until April 2020 in the first instance.
We are seeking to appoint a Teaching Assistant to join our strong team - the successful candidate will initially be based in Years 5 and 6.The role involves supporting individuals and groups of children and also carrying out classroom based duties. We are a specialist national English Hub for the DfE, as well as supporting other schools with their work in developing approaches to Maths Mastery. This post would suit someone hoping to train as a primary teacher who would like to gain experience in a school first.
We are looking for someone who
- is 'hands on' and can bring energy, enthusiasm and a sense of fun to the role
- is caring, dedicated and patient and willing to use their own initiative to support the classteacher and pupils
- has an understanding of child development and how children learn
- has very good personal numeracy, literacy/grammar and IT skills (minimum GCSE Grade C or equivalent)
- is able to work in close partnership with the classteacher and staff team
Previous experience of working with children is preferable but not essential, as training and support will be provided.
Visits to our school are encouraged and warmly welcomed. Please contact the school office for further details.
Myland Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. Appointment will be subject to safer recruitment procedures, including an enhanced DBS check, satisfactory references and medical clearance.
(Please make all applications online on the standard application form. Please note that we do not accept CVs.)