Step to Teaching
Graduate Internship Programme
EES for Schools is delighted to offer an opportunity for graduates who are interested in a career in schools and education. Whether you want to work in a primary, secondary or special school, the Step to Teaching programme offers you an internship in a school to help prepare you for a future application to a teacher training programme or further Masters level study.
Schools across Essex are currently signing up to be part of this new scheme. Graduate Internships will be available across all phases of Primary including Early Years and in many subjects in Secondary. Opportunities to work with children with special educational needs will also be available.
How does it work?
- You are employed by the school for a maximum of one year, term time only
- You will be paid a salary of £8499 (25 hrs p/w term time only) £15,014 FTE
- Schools provide a mentor to ensure you have a clear role and development plan
- Training is provided by the school and EES for Schools
- Schools support you to produce a portfolio of evidence
- Schools help prepare you for an application for an Initial Teacher Training Programme
Please note the salary is subject to change – NJC Pay Spine Review
Vacancies in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools across Essex
Closing date for applications for September 2018: Monday 04 June at midnight
Degree preferably 2:1 or above and GCSEs in Maths and English (grade 4)
For more information:
Information for schools wanting to join the programme can be found Here