Download printable version
12.5 hours per week (term time only)
Actual salary from £4,744 pa (FTE £16,394 + £597 outer fringe))
Hilltop Junior School is one of six schools that form the HEARTS Academy Trust, where we truly believe that children are at the heart of all that we do. We are looking for a Kitchen Assistant to support the Catering Manager and the catering team, in cooking healthy, nutritious and appealing meals.
The main focus of the role will be the preparation, presentation and serving of food and beverages to the school food standards. The successful applicant will be assist in keeping the kitchen area clean and clearing up after meals are served. A health and hygiene certificate is essential for the role which will be facilitated by the school if necessary.
We are looking for a person who
- is organised and calm under pressure
- is friendly and personable with all members of the school community
- is able to follow instructions as well as to work on their own initiative
- has the interests of children at the heart of the work that they do
We can offer you
- a CPD entitlement with purposeful training
- the opportunity to work with our lovely children
- supportive colleagues who want to provide the best possible opportunities for their pupils
- well behaved and hardworking pupils who deserve the best
- a constantly improving learning environment
- a responsive and involved leadership team
Please take care to complete the application in full as incomplete applications will not be considered.The closing date for this vacancy is Wednesday 24th October 2018 but we will close it early if we have sufficient applications to shortlist. You are advised to apply early.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
This vacancy is for an immediate start
Information about the School
Hilltop Junior School is an oversubscribed school that puts children first. We are well served by transport links and are close to major road networks.
The Trust is truly innovative and rewards outstanding staff for outstanding outcomes. The school calendar consists of 184 contact days, 5 non-pupil days and high quality additional continuous professional development for the equivalent of 6 days.
The Directors are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, medical check, prohibited from teaching check and references. References are taken up prior to interview.
For further information about the HEARTS Academy Trust please visit our website at www.heartsacademytrust.co.uk.