Download printable version
Learning Support Assistant required
Band 2 Points 11-14
Harlowbury Primary School is passionate about inclusion and has an outstanding Speech and Language Centre as part of our school.
Are you a Learning Support Assistant looking for your next role? We are looking for candidates who have experience with pupils who have additional needs and a passion for inclusion. Do you have experience of working with pupils who have Autism, Dyslexia, Social Emotional Mental Health Issues, Speech and Language, Attachment and Challenging Behaviour?
The role would be working alongside the class teacher working with the whole class, small group work, 1:2 or 1:1 situations (follow up/therapy/ pre-teach), depending on the learning, skills and curriculum needs.
We want to ensure all pupils can access the curriculum; that their needs are met and all pupils make progress.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Previous experience supporting pupils with special educational needs
- Have a minimum of 3 months experience working in a classroom setting
- Be flexible & adaptable
- Have experience with Makaton / PECs / Zones of Regulation/ Mindfulness
- Be calm & positive with a supportive approach
What we can offer:
· Enthusiastic children who want to learn
· A strong network of support across the three TMAT schools
· Training and coaching opportunities
· A great team
· A school committed to doing the best for each and every pupil
· A genuine opportunity to make a difference
Closing date 4th September
Interviews 11th September