Download printable version
22.5 hours per week (term time plus 5 non pupil days)
Actual salary £9,285.60 pa (FTE £17,972)
Waterman Primary School is a small school, set in large grounds overlooking farming fields. We are one of six schools that form the HEARTS Academy Trust, where we truly believe that children are at the heart of all that we do. We are looking for a Catering Manager to be responsible for cooking healthy, nutritious and appealing meals for the pupils at Waterman and Stambridge Primary Schools.
The main focus of the role will be the planning, preparation and presentation of food and beverages to the school food standards. The successful applicant will be responsible for stock taking, ordering, menu planning, supervising staff and keeping the kitchen area clean. A health and hygiene certificate is essential for the role which will be facilitated by the school if necessary.
We are looking for a person who
- is organised and calm under pressure
- is friendly and personable with all members of the school community
- is confident and able to work on their own initiative
- is comfortable with the necessary administration involved in running a catering service
- has catering experience
- has the interests of children at the heart of the work that they do
We can offer you
- a CPD entitlement with purposeful training
- the opportunity to work with our lovely children
- supportive colleagues who want to provide the best possible opportunities for their pupils
- well behaved and hardworking pupils who deserve the best
- a constantly improving learning environment
- a responsive and involved leadership team
Visits can be arranged by contacting Head of School, Eileen Thorn. Please take care to complete the application in full as incomplete applications will not be considered.The closing date for this vacancy is Thursday 21st June, but we will close it early if we have sufficient applications to shortlist. You are advised to apply early.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
This vacancy is for an immediate start
Information about the School
Waterman Primary School is a small, friendly school with lovely children. The school is close to transport links. We are part of the HEARTS Academy Trust, a local Trust of schools that has the values of Happiness, achievement, self-esteem, respect & responsibility, truth, spirituality & service.
The Trust is truly innovative and rewards outstanding staff for outstanding outcomes. The school calendar year has 184 days of contact time with pupils, 5 non-pupil days, and the equivalent of 6 days of high quality continuous professional development.
The Directors are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, medical checks, a prohibited from teaching check and references. References will be requested prior to interview.
For further information about the HEARTS Academy Trust please visit our website at www.heartsacademytrust.co.uk.