Download printable version
Term time only
30 hours per week
Fixed term until July 2019
We are looking for an experienced and well organised, caring and hardworking Special Educational Needs Support Assistant to work with a named SEND pupil. The successful candidate must have wide experience of working with children including those with SEND including emotional and behavioural needs, and be committed to working in partnership with school staff, families and the wider team.
You will need to be:
- Calm, positive and patient
- Consistent, firm and approachable
- Able to work on your own initiative but also a flexible team member with the ability to build positive relationships
- Able to listen to and take guidance from colleagues, specialist teachers and other professionals
- Able to demonstrate a commitment to and experience of helping children reach their full potential
- Educated to GCSE grade C in English and Maths.
The successful applicant will be required to provide a range of support for a named child with complex needs. An understanding of learning, behavioural and communication difficulties is essential.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The position is subject to a DBS check and references.