Download printable version
15 hours per week
6.30am to 9.30 am (negotiable)
We are seeking to recruit a permanent Caretaker for our village school following the retirement of our current post holder.
The successful candidate will be flexible in their approach, self-motivated, energetic, proud of their role and keen to work as part of the school community.
General responsibilities will include:
· Providing a safe and secure environment for pupils and staff
· Ensuring that the management and maintenance of the school buildings and environment are effectively undertaken
· Liaising with local residents to ensure the school works in harmony with the local community
· Ensuring compliance of Health and Safety procedures - training will be given
· Undertaking repairs and DIY projects
· Delegation of tasks as appropriate to outside contractors
· Responsibility for cleaning the school premises
· Attendance of out of hours emergency call outs
Training and on-going support will be available as part of our commitment to staff development. Experience is preferred but not essential. Join our successful, friendly school and feel part of a great team.
East Hanningfield C of E Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
For more information, to request an application pack or to arrange school visit please email email@example.com
Information about the School
East Hanningfield C of E Primary is a lovely, small village school and a great place to work. The school has just received ‘Good’ gradings for both Ofsted and SIAMS inspections (March 2019) and the children, staff and parents are all excited about the future direction of the school.