Download printable version
Permanent 37hrs p.w. / 52 weeks per year
Salary range £24,799 to £31,371
Glenwood is a Special School for learners aged 3-19 all of whom have profound and multiple or severe learning difficulties.
We are looking to appoint someone who is: positive, hands on, hardworking, energetic, enthusiastic, self-motivated, reliable and well organised to join our team. We moved into a purpose built new building in September 2017 and a new residential provision is due to be completed in October 2019.
- Have experience of dealing with operational site issues in a school or building environment;
- Have experience of implementing Health and Safety policies in a working environment;
- Recognise the importance of your role in safeguarding the young people and be committed to doing everything you can to improve their experiences;
- Be highly organised, ICT literate and have excellent communication and motivational skills to engage team members;
- Have experience of managing staff;
- Be agreeable to a flexible working pattern: including early and late shifts:
- Have a qualification in IOSH or NEBOSH (or the ability to attain);
- Work as a member of the whole staff team to ensure that the young people are provided with a safe, clean and attractive learning environment which will enhance their achievement and enjoyment;
- Embrace the school's ethos and be proud to be part of Glenwood;
Visits to the school are required as part of the recruitment process andinterested candidates should contact the school to arrange this.
Please see and take note of the attached job description and person specification.