Download printable version
Position: SEN Learning Support Assistant
32.5 hrs per week
Contract - Permanent
Pay Range - Band 2 to midpoint FTE £18,065 (prorata £13,482)
To start - 1st September 2019.
The hours of work are: Monday to Friday, 8.30am -3.30pm.
The Governors of St. Pius X Catholic Primary School are seeking to recruit an experienced, flexible and outstanding LSA whose skills will assist in maintaining the high standards within our school. Our Catholic faith is at the heart of everything we do; therefore we respect, value and appreciate all members of our community.
Duties would involve supporting a child with ADHD, as well as carrying out interventions, working with small groups of pupils, recording and monitoring pupils' progress across the Key Stages. The job will also include the supervision of a child during lunch time.
The successful candidates must provide evidence of the following:
* GCSE grade C or Level 2 equivalent in Maths and English
* Experience working in a school environment, supporting pupils' learning
* Positive approach to the role and behaviour management
* Understanding of how pupils learn
* Knowledge and experience of the National Curriculum across the key stages in a primary school
St Pius X Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This appointment is subject to safer recruitment procedures, including satisfactory references, medical and enhanced DBS clearance.