Download printable version
Learning Support Assistant
Starting 2nd September 2019
Interviews to be held on Wednesday 17th July 2019
Location: Corringham Primary School, Herd Lane, Corringham Essex
Salary/Rate: Band 3 point 8-16 (dependant on experience)
32.5 hours per week term time + 5 INSET days
Contract type: Full Time
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join our school. We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated and enthusiastic member to join our learning support staff in our highly inclusive school. Corringham Primary is a "Good" school (Ofsted 2016) with good outcomes for pupils.
Visits to our school are highly recommended - once you visit, you won't want to leave!
This role of the learning support assistant will require you to:
· Support children with a range of needs, including learning, emotional and care needs.
· Liaise closely with class teachers and other team members.
· Cover the class under the instruction and guidance of the class teacher.
· Deliver, guide and reflect on the learning support of individual pupils, including interventions.
· Able to demonstrate a good standard of English and Mathematical skills?
· Able to encourage, motivate and enthuse others?
· Able to supporting children with personal and emotional needs?
· Innovative in ways to support pupils with different needs?
· Able to communicate clearly and confidently with children, other staff members and parents?
· Organised and resourceful?
We can offer:
· A successful primary school with an exciting and rich curriculum.
· A committed and friendly staff team.
· A fabulous group of children who are fun to teach, well-behaved and keen to do their best.
· Great opportunities for continuous professional development.
· An additional week's holiday (2 week October half term).
If you have the passion and drive to transform the outcomes for all children, we want to hear from you.
The Governing Body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and requires all staff and volunteers to demonstrate this commitment in every aspect of their work. The appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
For further information, please contact Lindsey D'Arcy via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephoning 01375 672157.
Information about the School
Our school is located in the heart of Corringham. Corringham Primary School is a long established school first serving the community of Corringham in 1870. Many of our current pupil’s parents and families have been part of the school and we even have teachers who were also our pupils.
We became an Academy on 1st October 2013 and joined The Stanford and Corringham Schools Trust. This allows us access to a rich network where we can share best practise with our sister school, Gable Hall Secondary. We are now on our journey to be outstanding.
We have two classes in each year group. The children are supported in their learning, social and emotional development by a highly qualified and committed team of professionals.
To ensure we achieve our aim to provide an education our children enjoy which prepares them for academic and personal success now and in the future all classes have additional adult support from our highly qualified Learning Support Assistants. We also have a pastoral team to support our children and families when they need further help.
To further support our children when they begin their school life with us we have 3 teachers teaching in our 2 reception classes and a dedicated Learning Support Team. Our reception children are further supported by our Specialist Speech and Language Teacher.
In Year 5 and Year 6 we have 3 teachers in each year group which enables us to stream for Reading, Writing and Mathematics and the children work in smaller groups. Our additional teachers also teach intervention groups therefore our children receive support from the highest qualified and experienced teachers.
We are an inclusive school and provide the community with a specialised provision for children with Speech and Language difficulties. These children receive specialised Speech Therapy, Speech and Language Teaching and are also supported in their mainstream class.
Our school is an exciting place to learn and our pupils work hard and behave well. We are proud of our focus on traditional values, good manners and enthusiasm for learning.