Download printable version
We currently have a vacancy for an Administrator based within our Finance Department.
This is a fixed term contract until the 31st August 2020
35 hours per week, term time only plus 2 weeks non term time. (41 weeks).
Hours will be 08.30am- 4.00pm Mon - Friday
Band 3 Approx. £10.06 per hour (FTE £19,363 per annum) Actual annual salary £16,407
This is a varied role and will suit someone who has good all-round administration experience ideally from within a Finance department environment.
A typical day within this role might include:
• Dealing with face to face queries relating to monetary matters such as issuing petty cash, receiving monies from students and parents for Academy equipment
• Ordering Academy materials
• Opening and distributing post, matching to finance paperwork for processing where applicable
• Receiving approved purchase orders and processing them through the Finance System as well as placing order directly with our suppliers.
• Being responsible for recording and checking deliveries and matching to orders prior to receiving invoice
• Checking invoices received for accuracy, matching to correct purchasing documentation and processing through the Finance System.
• Chasing outstanding paperwork and obtaining authorisation from budget holders for all invoices received
• Being responsible for Academy Lettings, taking bookings, raising invoices and ensuring payments received in accordance with academy terms.
• General administration such as filing, photocopying shredding, etc.
The successful candidate will:
• Have previous administration experience
• Be computer literate (MS Office)
• Be a team player with a positive approach and a flexible "can do" attitude
• Be able to prioritise their workload
• Be calm when faced with difficult situations
• Have excellent communication skills both written and orally (face to face and telephone)
• Be professional and have the ability to maintain complete confidentiality
We welcome applications via our website; www.basildonacademies.org.uk/finance-administrator
Application forms to be sent to Lisa Church;email@example.com
Closing Date: Friday 19th July 2019
Role to commence: September 2019
The Basildon Academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to CRB and health checks.
Information about the School
Our Academies are graded as ‘Good’ by Ofsted and our goal over the next 12 months is to achieve ‘Outstanding’.
The Basildon Academies is focused upon developing the whole child; our curriculum has been developed to enable our students to develop their knowledge, understanding and skills so that they will become lifelong learners. This includes opportunities for linguistic, mathematical, scientific, technical, human, social, physical and artistic learning so that students make progress in a wide range of subjects.
We set high expectations of all our students and this, in turn, ensures we create a positive climate for learning in which every student can reach their full potential. Our Academy is a calm, orderly and purposeful environment where students enjoy their learning, make good progress and feel safe.
Our Sixth Form is a major part of the academy with the structure modelling itself on developing independent learning skills like those seen in universities which allows students to continue their studies in their specialist subject areas. Students are very much encouraged to become mature adults being engaged in many aspects of the life of the academy which further develops those much needed skills to go on into university or the world of work.