Download printable version
1:1 LEARNING SUPPORT ASSISTANT
Required for September 2019 - Fixed term
Band 2, SCP 3-5 (£18,065 to £18,795 pro rata)
Would you like to join our successful village school to support our young pupils? Are you a good team player? Are you flexible, creative and committed to high standards?
We are looking for an enthusiastic and committed Learning Support Assistant to support a child with identified learning and communication needs who is in receipt of an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP).
Good qualifications and previous experience of working with young children are essential; however, additional training would be offered as required.
The ideal candidate will:
· be enthusiastic and flexible
· be able to work co-operatively as part of a close-knit team
· have excellent behaviour management skills
· be positive and motivational
· have good communication skills
You will be required to:
· help to organise resources and the classroom to create a positive learning environment
· motivate pupils
· work with the SENCO, teachers and other LSAs to plan and coordinate work
· help SEN pupils to take part in school events and activities
· be patient, empathetic, and have an ability to build rapport with children and their parents.
· have a clear understanding of safeguarding and keeping children safe in education.
Debden C of E Primary Academy has a strong focus on promoting Christian values and is part of the Great Oak Multi Academy Trust. Visits to our friendly school are warmly welcomed and actively encouraged.
To find out more about this exciting opportunity and our school, please visit www.debdenprimary.co.uk. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further details regarding the position or call the School office on 01799 540302 to arrange a visit.
Application forms, job description and person specification can be downloaded via the school website.
Closing Date: Midday on 14 July 2019
Interviews: Morning of 18 July 2019
Debden C of E Primary Academy is committed to the safeguarding, protection and welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Following safer recruitment procedures, the successful applicant will be subject to satisfactory references and enhanced DBS checks.
Information about the School
Debden CE Primary Academy is a warm and welcoming school situated near Saffron Walden on the Essex/Suffolk/Cambridge borders. It is a place where children can reach their best and fulfill their potential within our caring Christian community.