Download printable version
Work Placement Officer
Salary up to £14,684.80 per annum
Located in Harlow
Part Time 25 hours per week,
Term time only
About the team
The Student Talent and Recruitment (STAR) Agency is responsible for building industry contacts, securing beneficial and safe work placements for existing and future students and helping them with employability skills and CV development.
About the role
The successful Work Placement Officer will work throughout all parts of the learner journey, including:
- Advising on pathways to employment
- Supporting work readiness through engagement with employers and curriculum teams
- Sourcing work placements
- Representing the College at external and internal events, facilitating workshops, career fairs and other promotional activities within college, schools and local community
What we are looking for
- Ability to work to tight deadlines in achieving targets
- A proven track record of successfully engaging and developing relationships with employers
- Safeguarding Level 2 qualification or willingness to work towards it
- Substantial experience of working in a client centred environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
What we can offer
The successful candidate can expect the College to fund any training required for the role, investment in their professional development, opportunities to further their career as well as an excellent benefits package including 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
Please visit https://www.harlow-college.ac.uk/about/jobs/jobs/item/work-placement-officer-3 to download an application pack.
Closing date for applications is 15th July 2019
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
As an equal opportunities employer we welcome applications from all sections of the community.