Download printable version
Learning Support Assistant
LGS Band 2 to midpoint
28.75 hours per week (8.40 a.m. to 3.10 p.m. Monday to Friday)
39 working weeks (44.3 paid weeks)
Actual annual salary from £11,926 to £12,408
Start Date - 1 September 2019
The Learning Academy, home to our Special Educational Needs (SEN) department, is integral to the ongoing success of the school, and our Learning Support Assistants (LSAs) are a vital part of the team. We are implementing a number of innovative and exciting changes and we are looking for an excellent LSA to help us to help our KS3 and KS4 SEN students to fulfil their potential.
The role will involve:
· Working with individuals or small groups of children in collaboration with teaching staff;
· Proactively supporting students with activities designed to enhance numeracy and literacy;
· Supporting SEN students in gaining the ability to utilise IT in the classroom;
· Promoting positive behaviour, raising esteem and encouraging an aspirational culture;
· Working with SEN students to foster their development as independent learners.
In order to achieve this, you will need to have:
· A good standard of education (ideally Maths/English GCSE grade A* to C or equivalent);
· A commitment to high standards of achievement from students and yourself;
· Excellent organisational skills and competence in common IT applications;
· Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to act on your own initiative;
· An enthusiastic, can-do attitude with a good sense of humour.
This is an exciting time to join our school. You will become part of a positive, aspirational and fun team that values the contribution of its LSAs immensely. Training can be provided and ongoing professional development will be encouraged.
We welcome visits to the school, so please come and see us in action! The full job description is attached, together with application forms and more information can be found on the school's website.
Please email the completed application form, recruitment monitoring information and SD2 form to: email@example.com or post to HR Team at The Sigma Trust, Tendring Education Centre, Jaywick Lane, Clacton-on-Sea, CO16 8BE. Please do not hesitate to contact the Sigma Trust by email or on 01255 750913 should you require any further information regarding this position.
Closing date: Friday 12th July 2019
The Governing Body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. A disclosure check from the Disclosure and Barring Service will be sought for successful candidates.
Information about the School
The Thomas Lord Audley School is a high performing, over-subscribed 11-16 comprehensive school with just under 800 students (capacity 840), situated to the south of Colchester. It is the "most improved school in Essex" (Essex LA September 2016). It serves a diverse catchment area including Old Heath, Monkwick, Shrub End and the villages to the south of Colchester including the community of Mersea Island.
Categorised as good and rapidly improving in its recent Ofsted inspection, it has been commended for the quality of its leadership, the standard of its teaching, and the welfare, behaviour and achievement of its pupils.
On 1 September 2016, the school joined The Sigma Trust, a partnership of schools with The Stanway School, St Helena School, Clacton County High School, Monkwick Junior School and Monkwick Infants School and Nursery. In the past, the school has benefited from the Stanway Federation’s programme of seconding high quality staff between schools and the development of wide-ranging in-service training which has led to on-going school improvement. Working in collaboration with all the schools within The Sigma Trust can only enhance this development.