Download printable version
Part time Occupational Therapist at Grove House School
(Part of the SEAX Multi-Academy Trust)
NHS Band 6 (corresponds to School Local Government Pay Band 4)
Salary range: £27,905 - £31,980 (£14,898 - £17,074 pro-rata), dependent on experience
23.25 hours per week, 3 days per week
39 weeks per year including Inset Days
Since the school's inception in 2015, Grove House has established a reputation of excellence in providing speech, language and communication expertise within a special needs educational setting.
Serving children from the ages of 8 through to 19, our aim is to continue to flourish and become a leader in progressive practice.
The Occupational Therapist will be responsible for delivering high quality, evidence based intervention for whole classes, groups and individuals working as well as working with the educational team to ensure the collaborative practice model is embedded in the life of the school.
Grove House offers an exciting opportunity, which is both professionally challenging and rewarding.
We are looking for;
- A committed and determined therapist who shows initiative and confidence in their work.
- Knowledge and experience of working in a school environment (special school experience desirable but not essential).
- Be able to carry out and analyse assessments, therapy planning and offer recommendations for EHCP and annual reviews.
- Active approach to carrying out whole class and group intervention.
- Dynamic involvement in supporting teach staff and pupils within the classroom environment.
- Excellent time management
- Integration into our passionate SaLT team; but also be able to work independently when needed.
- Superb communication skills; both verbally and written.
- An engaging and innovative learning setting
- A school culture that is forward thinking and passionate about therapy.
- A position within a committed and enthusiastic therapy team (Speech Therapists/Music Therapist)
- High quality professional development opportunities; including regular external clinical supervision.
- Module 1 Sensory Integration Therapy Training.
- Pride in offering continued professional development (academy and trust wide) to all staff, including training and resources.
- A well resourced learning environment and impressive facilities including an Occupational Therapy room and Sensory room, both with specialist equipment.
- Highly supportive, collaborative and friendly team of staff
- A pupil centred focus, through collective hard work from parents, governors and staff alike
- Recently refurbished premises.
Come and visit us to find out more about this exciting opportunity
email email@example.com or telephone the School on 01277 361498.
Information about the School
Grove House School is a specialist special school which opened in September 2015 for pupils aged 8 to 19. At capacity it will admit 105 pupils with a Statement of Special Educational Needs (or an Education, Health and Care Plan) whose primary issue is a speech, language and communication need (SLCN).