Download printable version
HLTA/Learning Mentor/SENCo Assistant
30 hours per week, term time plus 5 non-pupil days
Actual salary £13,206 (FTE £19,171)
8.30am - 3.30pm (1 hour lunch break)
We are seeking a resilient, skilled, positive, organised and effective person to fill this new role at Waterman Primary School. The successful person will join the team at this small friendly school. Waterman is a small school, with just 89 pupils. An immediate or September start can be agreed. Duties will include:
- Assisting in the leadership of learning support staff
- Assisting in leading the provision for special educational needs within school, liaising with the Headteacher as required
- Managing appropriate resources and ensuring they are used efficiently, effectively and safe
- Developing curriculum resources to ensure that vulnerable pupils and pupils with SEND have the necessary levels of support
- Supporting the Pastoral Lead in managing the implementation of an inclusive curriculum
- Supporting the Pastoral Lead in sustaining the effective teaching of pupils with SEND across the school leading to high quality outcomes
- Supporting parents and pupils using strategies to remove barriers to learning
- Monitoring pupil attendance, producing letters, reports, daily calls etc
- Teaching classes and groups as allocated by the Headteacher
- Covering classes if requested
Previous applicants need not apply. Waterman Primary School is part of the HEARTS Academy Trust family of 6 schools, an Alternative provision and a Teaching school alliance.
If you are interested in being part of this fabulous team and are passionate about meeting the needs of vulnerable pupils please contact to make an appointment to visit the school.
Information about the School
Waterman Primary School is a small, friendly school with lovely children. The school is close to transport links. We are part of the HEARTS Academy Trust, a local Trust of schools that has the values of Happiness, achievement, self-esteem, respect & responsibility, truth, spirituality & service.
The Trust is truly innovative and rewards outstanding staff for outstanding outcomes. The school calendar year has 184 days of contact time with pupils, 5 non-pupil days, and the equivalent of 6 days of high quality continuous professional development.
The Trustees are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, medical checks, a prohibited from teaching check and references. References will be requested prior to interview.
For further information about the HEARTS Academy Trust please visit our website at www.heartsacademytrust.co.uk.