Download printable version
One year Fixed Term contract
Our school is currently seeking two enthusiastic and committed Learning Support Assistant to support a two children with identified learning and communication needs whoare in receipt of an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP).
Good qualifications and previous experience of working with young children are essential; however, additional training would be offered as required.
The ideal candidate will:
- be enthusiastic and flexible
- be able to work co-operatively as part of a close-knit team
- have knowledge and experience of working with children with special educational needs
- have excellent behaviour management skills
- be positive and motivational
- have good communication skills
You will be expected to:
- take some responsibility for the progress of SEN pupils
- help to organise resources and the classroom to create a positive learning environment
- motivate pupils
- work with the SENCO, teachers and other LSAs to plan and coordinate work
- help SEN pupils to take part in school events and activities
- be patient, empathetic, and have an ability to build rapport with children and their parents.
- have a clear understanding of safeguarding and keeping children safe in education.