Download printable version
Philip Morant School and College
Pay Range: Local Government Band 2 whole range £18,065 - £19,171 per annum (Point 3-6)
Start Date: 1st September 2019
We are seeking an outstanding individual to provide a safe and high quality food and beverage service within a catering outlet.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
· Preparation, cooking and service of food and beverages to the standard required
· To organise the receipt of food and drink from the main kitchen
· Assist in planning of menus and follow menu plans agreed with the catering manager
· To ensure that food preparation is sufficient for the service and also manage wastage within the operation
(The full details can be found in the attached Job Outline and Person Specification).
We're looking for you if you have:
· Experience of the preparation, cooking and service of food and beverages to the required standard
· Knowledge of health and safety, and food hygiene regulations
· Ability to use kitchen and cleaning equipment and supervise others when required
· Ability to manage own time effectively
Why work for The Sigma Trust, Philip Morant School and College?
We can offer you:
· A Competitive Salary
· Robust school CPD training programme that enables you to flourish
· Opportunities to work with colleagues across the Trust to share resources, ideas and build collaborative relationships
· Employee Benefits: Employee Assistance Programme, Pension Scheme
For additional information about the Trust and this school, please visit our website www.sigmatrust.org.uk
To apply for this post, please complete an application form attached or available from The Sigma Trust/this website and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference 110. Please read the Notes for Applicants document attached.
Closing date: 30th June 2019
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Information about the School
We are a large secondary school in Colchester and also enjoy a thriving Sixth Form College. We are a popular School with waiting lists for every year and are proud of our strong academic record. We have an excellent and enthusiastic staff led by a strong senior leadership team and we work hard to provide an environment where every student is valued and their varying needs met. Our pastoral care is based upon a highly successful house system and ensures support both for students and parents.