Download printable version
Due to our increasing pupil numbers, we wish to employ an outstanding teacher to teach our Y5/6 class for 3 days a week. Initially, this is a one-year contract, with the aim of making the change more permanent if pupil numbers continue to rise.
You will be responsible for:
- teaching 24 well-behaved, enthusiastic learners in Y5 and 6.
- delivering the curriculum in English, including GPS, maths and some Foundation subjects.
- planning for the two teaching assistants in class to ensure they can support pupils' learning
- teaching children the importance of our school values
- being part of a small team in a very small school - we will have around 70 pupils in September.
We can offer you:
- a friendly small school with a real 'family feel.'
- well-behaved children who love to learn
- a supportive team of colleagues
- a supportive local community and parent body
- professional development opportunities through our links with Tiptree and Stanway Consortium
- as this class contains a number of children with SEN, the school SENCo will teach literacy and numeracy to this group for two hours each morning, giving you the freedom to really challenge higher ability pupils
We would like you to be able to start in September, but are happy to wait until the October half-term for the right candidate.
Information about the School
Great Tey C of E (VC) Primary School is a small, friendly village school just off the A120 near Marks Tey. The Governors, staff, parents and pupils of Great Tey are committed to working together to achieve the very best outcomes for all.