Download printable version
We would like to appoint a forward thinking and inspirational Teacher for one of our year 2 classes in our inclusive, two form entry primary school. Applications are welcomed from experienced staff but this is not essential as we have a very supportive, established team.
We would like you to:
· Enjoy teaching and being part of a dedicated and committed teaching team.
· Be an excellent practitioner with energy and a commitment to make a difference to pupil's lives.
· Have a strong grasp of national strategies and the National Curriculum.
· Have a good understanding of child development and how children learn.
· Have the ability to use formative and summative assessment effectively to ensure children make excellent progress.
· Be understanding of, and be prepared to follow, a restorative approach to behaviour management.
· Be open to personal development and learning.
· Want to make learning engaging and fun for our pupils!
In return we can offer:
· A committed and friendly, supportive team.
· Happy, hardworking pupils who are eager to learn.
· Excellent additional adult support in every class.
· A parallel teacher to work alongside in the year group.
· Opportunities for on-going professional development.
· An attractive outdoor environment
You can read more about us on our website at www.downs.essex.sch.uk. Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and can be arranged by contacting the school reception.
Information about the School
The Downs is a "good school where pupils thrive both socially and academically because they are well looked after and kept safe in a caring environment that puts their needs first." - OFSTED January 2016.
We are a 2 form entry primary school and we are situated centrally in Harlow adjacent to the town centre. We are committed to making the school experience for all our children of the highest standard.
Why not visit our website, www.downs.essex.sch.uk, and see us for yourselves.