Download printable version
We are looking for an enthusiastic, organised and flexible Administrative Assistant to work 37 hours per week across 5 days in our busy, friendly and welcoming office.
Working times will be 8.30am - 4.30pm on Monday and 8.30am - 5.00pm Tuesday - Friday.
The role is for 38 weeks term-time plus 5 non-pupil days + 1 additional week during the school holidays.
Role to start: Tuesday 3rd September.
Closing date: 12 noon Wednesday 5th June.
Interviews: Wednesday 20th June.
Salary Band 2, Points 3-6 based on relevant experience.
Actual Salary £16,260 - £17,223 + fringe allowance.
The ideal candidate will have:
- a calm and friendly telephone manner
- ability to administer first aid (paediatric first aid training advantageous but can be provided)
- previous experience of SIMs (advantageous)
- an organised approach to multi-tasking and effective time-management
- the ability to keep calm under pressure
Your skills will include:
- Outlook, Word, Excel, with the ability to use a simple interface to add information to the school website.
- a good standard of English with the ability to write clearly and effectively for various audiences (through letters home, messaging systems, reports, etc.)
- the ability to use a variety of reprographics equipment e.g. photocopier, scanner
- Visits are warmly encouraged - please telephone Ms Ashby - Option 4.
Please apply using the online ECC application form. All information must be provided within the online application form.Please relate your application to the person specification and jobdescription (attached).
Please do not attach separate CVs and personal statements as these will not be considered.
Information about the School
Long Ridings is a popular and thriving two-form entry primary school with 414 pupils. We serve a mixed socio-economic area of Hutton and Shenfield, near Brentwood.
Our last Ofsted inspection was in March 2019: rated Good.
We are closely involved in Teacher Training as part of the Essex and Thames SCITT. We also play a key role in local CPD for Brentwood Schools, hosting training days for visiting teachers and LSAs. We are part of the Brentwood Collaborative Partnership.
The school is well-resourced with large grounds. We are committed to a thematic curriculum and have specialist support for P.E.