Download printable version
Pay: LGS Band 4 (£24,799-£31,371 per annum pro rata)
We are seeking to appoint a Catering Manager to be responsible for the catering service provided at the school.
Hours/Weeks: 37 hours Mon - Thu 8.00am-4.00pm, Fri 8.00am-3.30pm term time, plus INSET days plus 3 weeks during school holidays.
The start for this post is as soon as possible.
The role will involve:
· Responsibility for the operational efficiency of the catering service: planning, preparation and presentation of food and beverages to the required standard within the budget limitations as agreed with the school management
· Planning and managing the development of the School's Catering Provision for students, staff and events
· Maintenance of the highest standards of hygiene and health and safety
· Leading a team to produce a healthy, nutritious and balanced menu for all members of the school community
We're looking for you if you have:
· Relevant catering qualifications to at least NVQ Level 3
· Experience in the operational efficiency, planning, preparation and presentation of food and beverages to a high standard within agreed budget limitations
· The ability to maintain a high standard of personal and general cleanliness and hygiene to comply with statutory and school regulations, including working knowledge of health and safety and food related regulations
· The knowledge of own position within a team environment and the boundaries which apply
· The ability to manage and support the work of others
(The full details can be found in the attached Job Outline and Role Specification).
What we can offer:
· The opportunity to be part of the design and opening of a brand new kitchen facility with nearly £1m of funding;
· A competitive Salary;
· Employee benefits: Pension Scheme, Holiday Pay, Employee Assistance Programme;
· A full continuous Professional Development Programme;
· Training Opportunities through our membership of The Sigma Trust.
We are a very successful school, which has a 'Good' Ofsted rating and positive Progress 8 scores for the past 3 years. The Stanway Schoolis expanding; all the buildings are new, including brand new performing arts block which opened in September 2018.
For additional information about our school, please visit The Sigma Trust website http://www.sigmatrust.org.uk/academies/stanway.asp
Please note that applications can only be accepted on the attached Sigma Trust Application form quoting reference 092.
Closing Date: 20th May 2019
The Governing Body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. A disclosure/status check will be sought from the Disclosure and Barring Service for the successful candidate.
Information about the School
About The Stanway School
The Stanway School is a heavily over-subscribed 11-16 comprehensive school with over 1,300 students currently on roll, the vast majority of whom live in Stanway and the surrounding villages to the west of Colchester. The school is a specialist school in Humanities and Maths & Computing. We have undertaken a huge rebuilding programme and the Creative Arts block, the latest phase of our expansion project, opened in September 2018. By 2021, all year groups will be full with 280 students following this expansion of the school buildings. This is an exciting time to join an already successful school that is looking to continually improve practice: staff are enthusiastic and many take part in voluntary research groups into key areas of school life; students are well-behaved and achieve results above expectation; the culture of the school is calm and purposeful.
In March 2012 The Stanway School converted to an academy and in September 2016 joined the newly formed Sigma Trust, a partnership of schools located in North East Essex covering both Colchester and Tendring.
The Stanway School