Download printable version
Pay: LGS Band 4 (£24,799-£31,371 per annum pro rata)
We are seeking to appoint a Catering Manager to be responsible for the catering service provided at the school.
Hours/Weeks: 37 hours Mon - Thu 8.00am-4.00pm, Fri 8.00am-3.30pm term time, plus INSET days plus 3 weeks during school holidays.
The start for this post is as soon as possible.
The role will involve:
· Responsibility for the operational efficiency of the catering service: planning, preparation and presentation of food and beverages to the required standard within the budget limitations as agreed with the school management
· Planning and managing the development of the School's Catering Provision for students, staff and events
· Maintenance of the highest standards of hygiene and health and safety
· Leading a team to produce a healthy, nutritious and balanced menu for all members of the school community
We're looking for you if you have:
· Relevant catering qualifications to at least NVQ Level 3
· Experience in the operational efficiency, planning, preparation and presentation of food and beverages to a high standard within agreed budget limitations
· The ability to maintain a high standard of personal and general cleanliness and hygiene to comply with statutory and school regulations, including working knowledge of health and safety and food related regulations
· The knowledge of own position within a team environment and the boundaries which apply
· The ability to manage and support the work of others
(The full details can be found in the attached Job Outline and Role Specification).
What we can offer:
· The opportunity to be part of the design and opening of a brand new kitchen facility with nearly £1m of funding;
· A competitive Salary;
· Employee benefits: Pension Scheme, Holiday Pay, Employee Assistance Programme;
· A full continuous Professional Development Programme;
· Training Opportunities through our membership of The Sigma Trust.
We are a very successful school, which has a 'Good' Ofsted rating and positive Progress 8 scores for the past 3 years. The Stanway Schoolis expanding; all the buildings are new, including brand new performing arts block which opened in September 2018.
For additional information about our school, please visit The Sigma Trust website http://www.sigmatrust.org.uk/academies/stanway.asp
Please note that applications can only be accepted on the attached Sigma Trust Application form quoting reference 092.
Closing Date: 20th May 2019
The Governing Body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. A disclosure/status check will be sought from the Disclosure and Barring Service for the successful candidate.
Information about the School
The Stanway School is a mixed 11-16 comprehensive school, situated to the west of Colchester. It serves a wide catchment area encompassing the villages of Stanway, Aldham, Birch, Chappel, Copford, Eight Ash Green, Fordham, Fordham Heath, Great Tey, Layer-de-la-Haye, Marks Tey and West Bergholt. Our school is a community where each and every student matters. We provide a wide variety of learning experiences to help all students to enjoy their lessons and achieve their best.
The Stanway School converted to academy status on 1st March 2012 and on 1st September 2016, The Stanway School joined the newly-formed Sigma Trust, along with Clacton County High School, St Helena School, Thomas Lord Audley School, Monkwick Infant School & Nursery and Monkwick Junior School. Harwich & Dovercourt High School joined in June 2017.