Download printable version
The Governors at Cornelius Vermuyden are seeking to appoint from September 2019 or January 2020 a hardworking, enthusiastic and passionate individual who has a proven track record of successfully driving pupil attainment in History. The subject is a popular option choice for GCSE and so this is a very important role within the school.
The successful candidate will:-
- Have the opportunity to develop the history curriculum further in order to inspire and motivate pupils to achieve;
- Work alongside the Head of Geography to develop and embed outstanding and innovate classroom practice across the humanities faculty;
- Have the opportunity to lead develop and lead a committed and enthusiastic team with an eagerness to learn;
This is a great opportunity for an individual who has the capacity and drive to make a real difference to the lives of young people.
We can offer:
- Access to a specifically tailored and fully funded CPD package;
- A hardworking and committed history department within a very supportive humanities faculty;
- A childcare voucher scheme;
- A Senior Leadership Team that will allow you to be innovative, proactive and play an active part in our school.
The Cornelius Vermuyden School is an innovative and over-subscribed 11-16 school, situated in 38 acres of ground. We have a brand new building which includes state of the art facilities.
Please apply using the accompanying application form. Alternatively, you can visit the school's website, www.corneliusvermuyden.com, and use the application form under Key Materials in the vacancy section under Staff Information. Please send your completed application to MrsABeckman, Headteacher's PA, either by email to email@example.com, or by post to the school's address.
CVs alone will not be accepted. CVs sent via a recruitment agency will not be considered.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if there is a good level of response. We would therefore recommend that you submit your application as early as possible.
Please note that only those applicants who are asked to attend for interview will be contacted.
Information about the School
Cornelius Vermuyden is a vibrant and distinctive learning community in which all students receive the support, challenge and encouragement that they need to become successful, confident and mature young people who are well-prepared for life beyond school. Located on a beautiful site on Canvey Island and easily accessible to all parts of Essex, Southend and London, the school provides a secure and happy environment for positive and exciting learning experiences.