Download printable version
Geography / Humanities Teacher (TLR available, full time or part time)
MPR / UPR
TLR 2a - £2,721
New Rickstones Academy is graded 'Good' and has a state of the art building offering fantastic facilities for students and staff. We have a committed and ambitious team which includes colleagues from Future Leaders, and have been very successful at developing teachers and leaders with progression both within and beyond the academy.
Due to expansion, we are recruiting an outstanding Geography/Humanities Teacher to join our team to join our academy where all colleagues play their part and contribute to whole school improvement through our distributed leadership model. If you embody these values and have high expectations, you will be very successful working with us.
If you are driven, and passionate about Humanities then we want to hear from you! You must be able to teach Geography to KS3, however we can also offer History if this is your specialist subject. The position is full time or part time (minimum 0.6) and we can offer a TLR for the right candidate. We actively welcome applications from NQTs as well as experienced teachers looking to develop their career further.
We are looking for:
- Energy and enthusiasm to deliver lessons that will engage, enthuse and motivate our learners to achieve the best possible outcomes.
- A drive for continuous improvement to help maintain an outstanding Humanities department.
- Relevant qualifications and a record of professional development (both formal and through appropriate experience) to meet the challenge of the job specification.
- A genuine commitment to making a positive contribution to the academy.
- A commitment to further developing you as a teacher / leader with excellent CPD opportunities
- The opportunity to be part of an academy moving forward at pace
- BHSF membership which provides support and employee benefits including a health cash plan scheme to support healthcare costs, an employee assistance programme and savings from a range of retailers
- Teachers' Pension Scheme
- Free car parking
- Discounted membership at local leisure centres
We work closely with our sister academy, Maltings Academy (graded outstanding), also in Witham and have a joint Sixth Form provision. Although this role is based at New Rickstones Academy, all new staff contracts are to work across both academies.
Visits to the academy are welcomed. For an informal discussion about the post, and to arrange a visit please contact Tor Banks (email@example.com)..
Closing date: Sunday 19 May
Start date: September 2019
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It's what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you'll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we're inspiring.
- More opportunity to grow your career -We'll support you in developing your career and experience at this school or another AET school.
- More tailored support -We understand every academy is unique. We'll give you tailored support and flexibility, allowing you to do what's best for your children.
- More chance to see what's out there -We create opportunities for teachers to visit other AET academies and learn from outside experience.
- More like minded colleagues, so you can benefit from others' experience -You're connected to our network of over 60 academies and thousands of education professionals.
- More technology so you can make more impact -G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin and more time teaching.
- More time -We strive to minimise unnecessary distractions so you can have energy for your job, and your life.
Closing date: Sunday 19 May
Start date: September 2019
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV's. Come inspire their remarkable with us, apply today: by clicking on the 'Link-https://bit.ly/2IXAXNa
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty
- To apply please use the following: blowe.61E4A36C6.firstname.lastname@example.org
Information about the School
At New Rickstones Academy (NRA), there is an underlying vision based on a culture of high expectation and achievement within a caring community. The academy has an approach based on the fundamental principles of delivering excellence in learning and teaching and driving up achievement and attainment. All staff encourage creative, responsive and effective approaches to learning and teaching across all Key Stages to ensure a continuous and consistent Academy-wide focus on students’ achievement and development in all areas, not just academic.
Since gaining Academy status, NRA has made dramatic progress and in 2009, it was named as ‘the most improving school in Essex’ and one of the top improving academies in the country. The Academy is well equipped and benefits from modern, state of the art facilities in a new building opened in 2012.
As the sponsor, the AET believes that all young people deserve to become world-class learners – to learn, enjoy, succeed and thrive in a first rate educational environment with the best facilities, the best teaching and the most up-to-date resources available to them. In each of the AET academies, you will benefit from visionary, inspirational and dynamic leadership and be empowered to develop your own skills with access to world-class CPD and Talent Management programmes.
Each of the academies within the AET is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Criminal Records Disclosure at Enhanced Level will be required for all posts.