Download printable version
Band 5 - point according to current experience
37 hours a week, 52.14 weeks a year. Holiday entitlement according to length of service but will be no less than 5.3 weeks a year.
We are looking to appoint a dedicated, highly motivated and enthusiastic Business Manager to join our friendly and successful large primary school. We welcome applications from candidates with experience from educational or other financial and business backgrounds.
The successful candidate will be expected to either hold or be prepared, within the first year, to achieve the Certificate in School Business Management (CSM). We are looking for someone to provide vision, knowledge and expertise in all areas of administration, procurement, resource management and strategic planning for our school.
The successful applicant will have:
- proven experience and knowledge of financial management, budgetary planning and control
- experience of human resources, processes and management and a knowledge of safer recruitment practices
- excellent working knowledge of ICT systems and a knowledge of SIMS/FMS or similar accountancy software
- ability to adapt and develop administrative systems and procedures
- organisational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- experience of grant bidding and funding applications
- experience of facilities management and an understanding of Health and Safety issues
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- the ability to present both written and verbal information for the Headteacher, Senior Leadership Team and Governors
- drive, initiative, commitment, the ability to prioritise own workload and meet deadlines
- a good sense of humour
Brightside Primary School is currently expanding to a three form entry primary school. This is a period of unprecedented financial pressure for schools and we are looking for someone to lead us forward in these challenging times as we continue our pursuit for excellence.
In return we can offer:
- friendly, supportive, enthusiastic and hard working colleagues, staff and Governors
- encouragement to develop new ideas and the opportunity to make a real difference
- well-behaved, smiley children who are keen to learn
- a school commited to your career development
We welcome visits to the school and these can be arranged by telephoning the school office on 01277 655995
The school is committed to safeguarding and promotes the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to support this commitment.
Applications are made online by visiting www.essexschoolsjobs.co.uk
Information about the School
Brightside is a Group 3 school. Current NOR is 454. There is potential for the school to expand to a group 4 school in the coming years.