Download printable version
Learning Support Assistant - fixed term
Pay: LGS Band 2 Point 3 (Equilvalent to band 2 point 11)
We are seeking to appoint a Learning Support Assistant support children with Special Educational Needs.
Hours/Weeks: 32.5 Mon - Fri 8.30am-3.30pm hours term time only
The start for this post is as soon as possible and is initially fixed term until 23rd July 2019 pending a further review of the Learning Support Assistants for September 2019.
The role will involve:
· Working with individuals or small groups of children in collaboration with teaching staff;
· Proactively supporting students with activities designed to enhance numeracy and literacy;
· Supporting SEN students in gaining the ability to utilise IT in the classroom;
· Promoting positive behaviour, raising esteem and encouraging an aspirational culture;
· Working with SEN students to foster their development as independent learners.
We're looking for you if you have:
· A good standard of education (ideally Maths/English GCSE grade A* to C or equivalent);
· A commitment to high standards of achievement from students and yourself;
· Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to act on your own initiative;
(The full details can be found in the attached Job Outline and Role Specification).
What we can offer:
· A competitive Salary;
· Employee benefits: Pension Scheme, Holiday Pay, Employee Assistance Programme;
· A full continuous Professional Development Programme;
· Training Opportunities through our membership of The Sigma Trust.
We are a very successful school, which has a 'Good' Ofsted rating and positive Progress 8 scores for the past 3 years. The Stanway Schoolis expanding; all the buildings are new, including brand new performing arts block which opened in September 2018.
For additional information about our school, please visit The Sigma Trust website http://www.sigmatrust.org.uk/academies/stanway.asp
Please note that applications can only be accepted on the attached Sigma Trust Application form.
Closing Date: 22nd April 2019
The Governing Body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. A disclosure/status check will be sought from the Disclosure and Barring Service for the successful candidate.
Information about the School
The Stanway School is a mixed 11-16 comprehensive school, situated to the west of Colchester. It serves a wide catchment area encompassing the villages of Stanway, Aldham, Birch, Chappel, Copford, Eight Ash Green, Fordham, Fordham Heath, Great Tey, Layer-de-la-Haye, Marks Tey and West Bergholt. Our school is a community where each and every student matters. We provide a wide variety of learning experiences to help all students to enjoy their lessons and achieve their best.
The Stanway School converted to academy status on 1st March 2012 and on 1st September 2016, The Stanway School joined the newly-formed Sigma Trust, along with Clacton County High School, St Helena School, Thomas Lord Audley School, Monkwick Infant School & Nursery and Monkwick Junior School. Harwich & Dovercourt High School joined in June 2017.