Download printable version
Due to the retirement of our Headteacher, we are seeking a committed and dynamic new leader from September 2019 for our wonderful Special Needs School. We warmly invite applications from outstanding practitioners who want an opportunity to lead a successful school and build on its strengths to ensure continued success.
Are you ready to be our inspirational leader?
Oak View School is an all-age (3-19) specialist provision for SEND pupils including those with severe and complex needs as well as those from within the autistic spectrum. Situated in Loughton, on the edge of Epping Forest, the school is well-served by public transport and is a short walk from the Central Line underground.
Oak View is about to undertake a big expansion project. This new on-site building will comprise four additional classrooms and ancillary support facilities, including a Sensory Room, and will complement our existing outdoor sports area and indoor hydrotherapy pool.
We have Autism Accreditation and this year achieved Enhanced Practice Commendation. Oak View has recently converted to academy status and joined the Epping Forest Schools Partnership Trust as the only Special Needs provision among the Trust's 15 member schools.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a motivational leader who will drive the school through its exciting expansion.
- Have a sympathetic understanding of the educational needs of children and young people with severe learning difficulties.
- Have strategies for providing an effective curriculum to meet the needs of all pupils.
- Have excellent communication skills with parents, children, staff and the wider community.
- Extend our support of SEND children within the Trust and local mainstream schools.
In return, we offer:
- A friendly, successful school with a dedicated and experienced staff who love working here.
- A well-qualified and forward-thinking Governing Body.
- Happy and endearing children.
- The support of the Epping Forest Schools Partnership Trust
Potential candidates are strongly encouraged to visit the school. You will be able to meet our delightful pupils and staff in this nurturing environment to see for yourself the exciting opportunities the school has to offer.Contact Denise Cross at the school (email@example.com) or 020 85084293 to arrange.