Download printable version
Are you a confident, creative classroom teacher who wants to develop their leadership skills at whole school level?
St George's is a happy, successful primary school just a few miles from Colchester. We are seeking to appoint an Assistant Headteacher to join our dedicated, hardworking team. You will work closely with the Headteacher to drive school improvement and ensure that our children achieve their very best.
Please come and visit us to find out more about our school and the opportunities available here. We are a small school with big ambitions and we are committed to providing a broad range of experiences for our pupils.
Specific responsibilities will be negotiated with the successful candidate; the most important quality is a passion for teaching, learning and community.
We are looking for someone who:
· has a successful track record as a class teacher and subject / phase leader
· demonstrates high expectations and attention to detail
· is eager to grow and develop as a teacher and a leader and take the next step in their career
· will work well as part of a close-knit team
· is enthusiastic about taking on new challenges and can be flexible according to need
· will get to know our children and families and establish positive, productive working relationships
At St George's you will find:
· a professional, hardworking atmosphere with mutual respect and a sense of purpose
· interested, engaged children who are eager to learn
· a caring community built on Christian values
· passionate staff keen to innovate and keep learning
· weekly release time to fulfil your strategic responsibilities
· opportunities to work with colleagues from across our cluster of schools as part of a School-led Improvement group
· a well-resourced, welcoming school with supportive staff and governors.