Download printable version
Faculty Leader (Vocational Provision)
Start Date: September 2019
Salary: TMS (fringe) TLR 1d £13,288
Contract Type: Full Time, Permanent
· Want to use your ambition to expand your existing leadership skills into a new role which has strategic oversight of all vocational subjects?
· Believe all students can be outstanding?
· Champion the importance of education in shaping the future of young people?
· Want to embark on an exciting professional journey in a rapidly improving academy?
If so, we eagerly await your application. Ormiston Park is a small but growing 11-16 Academy. Our vision of 'Believe and Achieve' underpins all aspects of academy life in our impressive, well-resourced buildings and grounds. You will join a caring and committed body of staff and enjoy working with friendly and enthusiastic students of whom we are extremely proud. You will play a vital role in providing the highest quality provision, impacting positively on outcomes for our students, ensuring aspirations become reality. Ormiston Park Academy having received our Good judgement in 2017, is now on the journey to Outstanding by 2020.
The role provides a great opportunity for an existing Head of Department, Faculty Lead or experienced teacher to join our academy to lead all vocational subjects throughout KS3 and KS4. The successful candidate will be responsible for the strategic leadership, management, and development of all vocational subjects including at present, Art and Design, Design and Technology, Music, ICT, Health and Fitness, Business, and Finance.
To be considered for this opportunity, you will:
· Have a proven track record of impact and raising attainment in your teaching career to date.
· Possess outstanding knowledge of vocational qualifications and have a passion for these.
· Be able to inspire, lead and manage colleagues to achieve shared visions.
· Commit to furthering your own professional development through the bespoke opportunities on offer at the Academy.
For further details or to arrange a time to visit the Academy, contact Sally Spraggon, PA to the Principal and Vice Principal on 01708 865180 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Our application form and job description are available in the About - vacancies section of our website. All applications are to be returned electronically. Early applications are encouraged. Applications via recruitment agencies are not welcome.
Closing date for receipt of applications: Wednesday 27th March at 12pm noon.
Interviews will be held between Tuesday 2nd and Thursday 4th April 2019. The specific date will be confirmed following shortlisting.
Ormiston Park Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Appointments will be subject to references and enhanced DBS checks.