Download printable version
Governors invite applications from experienced, inspirational and outstanding classroom practitioners to take an active role as SENCO within the school. The SENCO role is a 0.4 contract, with flexibility of working arrangements for the right candidate.
The successful candidate will be supportive, caring and understanding of those with additional needs and have:
- SENCO qualification and QTS
- The ability to build strong relationships with children, parents, staff and external professionals for the good of each child
- Relevant experience
- The drive necessary to manage projects that will make a difference to our children's learning and standards throughout the school
- Ability to support staff in the development of our special needs provision
- High expectations of children's achievements and behaviour
- Ability to anticipate and solve problems
- Excellent ICT and presentation skills
- Secure working knowledge and understanding of both KS1 and Foundation Stage curriculum
Visits to the school are invited and warmly welcomed. Please contact the school office for a full information pack about the role.
St Thomas of Canterbury Infant School is a Church of England School with a strong Christian ethos. Applicants must be sympathetic to the Christian ethos of the school.
St Thomas of Canterbury Infant School iscommitted to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to pre-employment checks. References will be sought and successful candidates will need to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Information about the School
We are an outstanding Church of England Infant School in the heart of Brentwood.