Download printable version
Osborne Co-operative Academy Trust
Wishes to appoint a
1:1 SEN Learning Support Assistant
based at; Stanford Le Hope Primary School
Copland Road, Stanford Le Hope, Essex, SS17 0DF
Fixed Term Contract until 31st August 2019
(or in accordance with Statutory notice)
Required - ASAP
Band 3 - Depending on experience
30 hours per week
8.45am - 3.15pm - Term Time Only (30 mins lunch break)
Osborne Co-operative Academy Trust wishes to appoint a 1:1 SEN Learning Support Assistant who has experience, or an interest, in supporting children with complex behavior. You will have a passion for working with pupils and assisting them on their journey. You will need to have an understanding of the subjects that you support the children in, be able to demonstrate a fair attitude and apply rules consistently. You will be resilient and have excellent de-escalation skills. The ideal candidate will be able to nurture supportive relationships and be able to demonstrate a practical, hands on approach to supporting teaching.
The candidates will preferably have relevant NVQ qualifications or equivalent. They must have a good standard of English and Mathematics and basic computer skills.
· Experience or interest in supporting pupils with a range of needs e.g. Asperger's, Autism, ADHD, speech and / or language difficulties, cerebral palsy,
· Knowledge of successful strategies to engage pupils with specific and significant needs
· Experience of the EYFS and / or KS1 curriculum
· Flexible and adaptable with timetabling and the daily routines
· Excellent communication skills
· Ability to liaise with parents and relevant staff
· Personal Care
· Strong behaviour management skills
For further information and an application form email HR@osborne.coop or telephone Trina Hilliard 01375 648936.
Closing date: Midday Wednesday 20th March 2019 (Closing date will be earlier if a suitable candidate is found)