Download printable version
Midday and After-School Club Assistants required
School Support Assistants
Part Time - 14 -16 hours per week (1 ½ - 4 ¼ hours daily)
Term time only (38 weeks)
Point 3 (actual hourly rate: £9.30)
We are looking to appoint reliable, friendly and motivated School Support Assistants.
The role will be to assist the children during lunchtime and during the After-School Club. You must hold a clean drivers licence and be able to drive a mini-bus as driving children between sites is required.
Your working hours will be from 11.50 a.m. until 1:20pm for lunchtime duties and ranging from 2:30pm up to 5:15pm four days a week including a Friday on a half termly rota.
In the role at lunchtime you will be working as part of a team to deliver safe playground support and supervision, including basic medical care where necessary. You will:
· Be working both inside and outside the school building.
· Need to be able to work effectively as part of a team, enjoy working with children and demonstrate organisation, patience & understanding.
· Be monitoring the children as they eat lunch, encouraging appropriate behaviours and cleaning tables when necessary.
· Monitor and encourage appropriate play on the playground, recording any incidents as appropriate.
· Be expected to provide basic first aid when necessary, training will be provided.
· Work within all company policies and procedures, with particular reference to safeguarding responsibilities for the children in our care
In the role at After-School Club will be working as part of a team to deliver safe, creative, appropriate play opportunities in a fun and caring environment. You will:
· Set up the resources and equipment within the allocated environment.
· Contribute towards the planning of activities that will engage and challenge children attending the club.
· Help with the serving of snacks and refreshments to the children.
· Help with looking after play equipment and tidying away the equipment each day.
· Be expected to follow procedures to keep children safe and minimise risks in the play environment.
· Work within all company policies and procedures, with particular reference to safeguarding responsibilities for the children in our care.
· Need to be able to work effectively as part of a team, supporting the Manager in the daily workings of the club.
You will need to have:
· A commitment to safeguarding children.
· A 'clean' driving license is essential.
· The ability to work as part of a team and communicate at all levels, particularly with children.
· A sense of fun and enthusiasm, coupled with a mature, responsible attitude when required.
· A willingness to undertake appropriate training is essential.
· A desire to learn and take on more responsibility would be an asset.
St. Mary's Church of England Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. As part of this commitment any appointment will be subject to satisfactory completion of pre-employment checks including an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, medical clearance and suitable references.
Closing date: 12.00pm, Monday, 18th March 2019, 12.00pm
Interview date: Friday, 22nd March 2019
All appointments are subject to safer recruitment requirements to ensure the safeguarding of children and young people. All positions will involve appropriate checks and clearances.
Information about the School
Our school is rapidly improving and expanding under new headship. We strive to enhance the lives of our children with a solid education underpinned with strong Christian values. We are at the centre of community life and have strong links with the parish church of St. Mary's, Prittlewell.