Download printable version
Working 15 hours per week, term time only and the working pattern is flexible.
Band 2 Point 11 - 14 £5,699.00 - £5,925.00 (dependent on experience and service).
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Finance Assistant to join our friendly Finance Team on a permanent basis.
The Finance Assistant will be working within a busy and efficient Finance department based at Westwood Academy in Hadleigh. The Finance role is varied, assisting with coordinating a number of specific finance processes on a day-to-day basis, to ensure the smooth running of the finance function. The successful candidate will be self-motivated, confident and an enthusiastic person who enjoys using their own initiative. This position also requires exceptional administrative and communication skills. Finance experience and knowledge is essential.
The successful candidate will:
- Have proven experience working in a finance position for 1+ years.
- Ability to work effectively in key financial areas, maintain computerised and financial records, process purchase orders and invoices, bank reconciliation and financial planning.
- Be able to work well under pressure, whilst maintaining attention to detail.
- Have good literacy and numeracy skills with GCSE Literacy and Numeracy grades A-C.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Have good organisational and interpersonal skills.
What we can offer you:
- A growing Multi Academy Trust of Primary Schools with friendly and supportive staff who work closely together for the benefit of everyone.
- The 'Leadership Academy' which delivers high quality professional development and support to all staff.
- A dynamic and collaborative team of Leaders and a central team who are dedicated and committed to the success of all pupils and staff alike.
- Additional holiday in October giving a two week break, enabled by an early close on every Friday which is utilised for CPD.
- Working in a friendly, happy and supporting environment.
If this role is of interest to you and you have demonstrable experience in the majority of the above accountabilities, please apply.
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed and encouraged, please contact HR on 01702 559467 ext. 215 or email email@example.com to arrange a visit.
South Essex Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. We follow safer recruitment practice and appointments are subject to satisfactory DBS certification and references. We are an equal opportunities employer. For more information, please visit our website; www.seacademytrust.co.uk.
Information about the School
Westwood Academy is Part of The South Essex Academy Trust. We are:
- a Multi Academy Trust established by Westwood Academy, Hadleigh Essex.
- a developing family of schools in the areas around Hadleigh, Basildon, Chelmsford and Southend.
- focused on partnership, enabling and collaboration
- committed to developing all staff, volunteers and directors across the schools
- most of all about the potential to enable the children in all of the schools