Download printable version
Passionate about your subject? Want to make a real difference to the lives of the next generation?
Tendring Technology College (TTC) is a large successful 11-18 mixed comprehensive school, which has two campuses; Frinton Campus (14-18) and Thorpe Campus (11-14). TTC is a key member of Academies Enterprise Trust (AET), a multi-Academy sponsor with over 60 primary, secondary and special academies across the UK.
- We are passionate in delivering high quality education in Science to every pupil through challenging and stimulating teaching and learning. We encourage the development of an enquiring mind and the ability to become an independent learner and are eager to promote awareness, knowledge and understanding of scientific issues beyond the classroom setting.
- Science is taught in ability groups with access to well-equipped Science laboratories, Learning Resource Centre and computer rooms. Students follow the National Curriculum at KS3, preparing students to work towards achieving two Science GCSEs or following a Triple Science route, achieving three GCSEs. At KS4 we follow AQA specifications. At A-level, Biology, Chemistry and Physics are offered.
We are looking to appoint an outstanding teacher of Science with high expectations, strong classroom management skills and excellent subject knowledge. You should have a vibrant personality and be prepared to continually develop your skills to ensure enjoyment and rigour in the classroom. We have a strong team ethos and are looking for a like-minded person to join the department at an exciting time of its development. We would warmly welcome and encourage applications from newly qualified teachers.
We place a high value on continued professional development and a wide range of subject-specific training and research opportunities are available through our work with the NCETM, MEI and FMSP.
AET believes that each and every child is inspired to choose a remarkable life. Our mission is to gather and motivate inspirational people committed to delivering an excellent education that launches children into remarkable lives.
Our values are:
- Be unusually brave
- Discover what's possible
- Push the limits
- Be big-hearted
- Excellent career prospects across the network, with a culture of looking to promote from within
- Access to CPD to enable you to grow and develop in your role
- Teachers' Pension Scheme
- Something we take very seriously is staff WELLBEING. That's why we have partnered up with BHSF to provide support and employee benefits, such as a health cash plan scheme to support healthcare, discounted gym membership and a employee assistance programme
- The opportunity to use Google Suite, which allows you to do your best work, all in one suite
This role is to start from Easter 2019
Closing date: Friday 8 March 2019
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV's. To apply today, click the following link:https://bit.ly/2TE7Qjs
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us onFacebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty
- To apply please use the following: recruitment.61D006E26.firstname.lastname@example.org
Information about the School
Tendring Technology College is a key member of Academies Enterprise Trust (AET), a multi-Academy sponsor which aims to provide the opportunity for all young learners to fulfil their real potential, broaden their horizons and become active, prosperous and successful citizens in the world around them. The College attained Teaching School status in July 2014 and is a large successful 11-18 mixed comprehensive school, which has two campuses; Frinton Campus (KS4 & KS5) and Thorpe Campus (KS3) with 5 miles between sites.
Tendring Technology College (TTC) - a community in which young people work hard, are happy, and achieve outstanding success. Our students are switched on, bright and connected. If this matches your aspiration, then TTC is the place for you.
At TTC we aim to help young people realise their ambitions as they prepare for adult life. This eductional community is nurturing and caring, and we help young people to build strong motivation and aim for the highest possible standards. We know how important self-esteem is, and we provide a very clear moral framework in which young people learn to distinguish right from wrong, and gain satisfaction from helping others to succeed.
We offer a wide range of both academic and vocational courses, closely matched to the needs and aspirations of our students and the community.
We employ some of the best teachers in the UK, and make excellent use of a wide range of teaching methods so that all can thrive. Students make use of the latest technologies across the curriculum to enahnce learning. We want to challenge and extend the thinking and understanding of our students. Learning here is fun, exciting and opens up new horizons.
At TTC we work closely with students, parents and wider community agencies to provide a personalised learning service in which young people play a major role in determining their own future and achieving their goals. We help young people to know themselves and to value their own integrity. We believe in justice and inclusion so that they can grow to be well rounded, morally aware members of the wider community.
We aim for the highest quality of learning in every lesson every day. We want young people to bring their energies and enthusiasms to all the activities available at TTC.
We look forward to welcoming you so that you become part of an outstanding educational experience.