Download printable version
Closing Date: 9:00am Friday 22nd February 2019
Contract type: Full Time
Contract term: Permanent from Easter 2019
We are seeking to appoint an inspirational teacher of Art, Graphics or Design, Engineering, Construction (DEC). This post will be tailored to the candidate's strengths, specialism and expertise in the following subjects:
- Design, Engineer, Construct (DEC)
The ideal candidate will:
- Be passionate about Art, Graphics or DEC;
- Be an excellent teacher;
- Bring an unwavering commitment to promoting the highest standards of teaching and learning across the department and the academy;
- Have a relentless obsession about developing their own standards of teaching and learning to enable them to deliver excellent student outcomes;
- Be a committed team player;
- Have the ability to engage and inspire pupils and build excellent relationships;
- Be committed to Clacton Coastal Academy's ethos of high expectations and no excuses;
- Be passionate and ambitious about their own career development.
Career development recruitment incentives:
- Access and support to follow middle leadership programmes from the outset e.g. NPQML and Teaching Leaders;
- Opportunity for the candidate to take on a leadership role in Graphics or Design, Engineer, Construct (DEC);
- Candidates should be looking at this post as a 2 year career pathway rather than just a teaching post;
- We advise you to come in and speak with the Executive Principal to discuss the above and shape the next 2 years of your career, thus this post is suitable for both NQTs and experienced teachers.
We advise you to come in and speak with the Executive Principal to discuss the above and shape the next stage of your career. We have set the deadline within February half term to give candidates ample time to review the vacancy, research and visit the academy, and then apply.
- Interviews are scheduled to take place w/c Monday 25 February 2019
- To find out more: Please contact the Executive Principal directly by email email@example.com to arrange a 'phone call or visit', to discuss the Academy's journey, to discuss the post and to discuss the next stage of your career development
- In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV's. To apply, follow the link:https://bit.ly/2D8JlUB
- About Clacton Coastal Academy and the AET Trust
The Academy is on an accelerated journey of improvement under the leadership of a Principal and new Executive Principal.
January 2019 has seen the launch of new key school improvement systems:
- New behaviour system
- New rewards system
- New uniform policy
- New conduct card system (corridor conduct, punctuality and homework)
- New approach to Teaching and Learning
- The aim is for Clacton Coastal Academy to achieve 'Good' by September 2020 in its next full section 5 OFSTED inspection. The Academy was judged to 'Require Improvement' in March 2018.
Teaching and Learning is a passion of all our staff and we believe it is the key to school improvement. When every teacher is delivering outstanding learning day in day out, when every teacher truly loves their subject, has a sense of humour and makes learning fun, and when every teacher knows the detail and nuances of the exam specifications to deliver top notch results, then, genuine sustainable school improvement will take place. We are passionate about ensuring every classroom is filled with this type of teacher.
Please visit our website: https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/clacton-coastal-academy
The Executive Principal is also the Principal of Kingswood Academy (Hull) http://www.thekingswoodacademy.org/
AET believes that each and every child is inspired to choose a remarkable life. Our mission is to gather and motivate inspirational people committed to delivering an excellent education that launches children into remarkable lives.
Our values are:
- Be unusually brave
- Discover what's possible
- Push the limits
- Be big-hearted
- We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty
- To apply please use the following: jday.31CE66793.firstname.lastname@example.org
Information about the School
The AET is proud to be the sponsor of Clacton Coastal Academy which opened in September 2009 and works across two campuses. The academy is committed to building on its successes to create a very positive future for the young people of West Clacton.
In each of the AET academies, you will benefit from visionary, inspirational and dynamic leadership and be empowered to develop your own skills with access to world-class CPD and Talent Management programmes.
Each of the academies within the AET is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Criminal Records Disclosure at Enhanced Level will be required for all posts.