Download printable version
Post: Upper KS2 Teacher
Location - Camulos Academy, Colchester
Employer - REAch2 Academy Trust
Full Time - Permanent
Salary - M2 to M6 (this role is not suitable for UQTs or NQTs)
Bringing Learning to Life
We are looking for an enthusiastic, creative and committed Teacher to join our expanding team - could this be you?
As a teacher, do you:
- have a flair for curriculum development?
- believe strongly in engaging every pupil in a way that makes learning irresistible?
- relish becoming part of a dynamic, forward thinking team?
If you have the ability to inspire and engage all children to reach their full potential, and are committed to building strong, supportive relationships with children, parents, carers and colleagues across the school, as well as the Trust, then welcome to Camulos Academy!
Camulos Academy opened in September 2016 in Colchester, Essex, as a new provision with three classes. We have expanded to 10 classes, offering provision from EYFS to Year 6. We are looking for a passionate and enthusiastic teacher for KS2 to provide exceptional opportunities for learning for all our children and to play an integral role in the development of our ever-growing school. In the first instance you would be with a group of 16 upper key stage 2 pupils for the summer term.
We will offer you:
- outstanding training and networking opportunities within our Multi Academy Trust, REAch2
- a stunning school environment.
- a friendly and supportive staff team who genuinely like children
and, most importantly,
AMAZING children just waiting to meet you.
Founded in 2012, REAch2 Academy Trust is the largest primary-only academy trust in the country. It is a growing charitable organisation currently supporting 575 primary academies across England, including 2 in Colchester. REAch2 is a family, connected by a common desire to learn from each other, share experiences and be mutually supportive across the entire academy community. We work as a team to deliver exceptional learning opportunities for all pupils in REAch2.
Your letter of application MUST contain information regarding:
- your personal philosophy of education and view of how children learn;
- why you want to work at Camulos Academy;
- your understanding and experience of safeguarding children and promoting a safe learning environment;
- the principles which you believe should underpin a curriculum for pupils of all abilities to make outstanding progress and achieve appropriately high levels of attainment;
- the learning environment that you would want to create to promote quality and high standards;
- the climate that you would want to create to support effective learning and personal development;
- your understanding of, and commitment to, teamwork;
- the areas of teaching expertise and curricular specialism that you can offer, or would wish to develop.
Visits to the school are essential and should be made by contacting the school office.
For further details, please click here for the following:
Equal opportunities monitoring form
Closing Date: 14th February 2019 at 12pm
Interview Date: 26th February 2019
Camulos Academy reserves the right to offer a post prior to closing for an exceptional candidate.
Please complete the application form online, or return your completed application forms to:
Ceri Stammers, Senior Business Manager
Colchester C04 6AL
Telephone: 01206 588588
Camulos Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This position is subject to an enhanced DBS Check and satisfactory written references.