Download printable version
Great Berry Primary School has an opportunity for an enthusiastic and conscientious Teaching Assistant to join their friendly and supportive Early Years Team.
This is a fixed term contract until 31st August 2019.
Working Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 15.50 p.m.
38 weeks per year
The successful candidate will be a self-motivated, diligent person who enjoys using their own initiative, as well as working as part of a team.
The successful candidate will:
- Have recent and relevant EYFS experience in a primary, infant and nursery school.
- Have good literacy and numeracy skills with GCSE Literacy and Numeracy grades A-C or equivalent.
- Be educated to NVQ Level 2 in learning support / early years or equivalent qualification or experience.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Have the ability to overcome communication barriers with children and adults.
- Understand and support the importance of social and emotional wellbeing.
- Have good organisational and interpersonal skills.
- Have the ability to work using your own initiative.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
What we can offer you:
- A fixed term contract until 31st August 2019.
- Enthusiastic and well behaved children who are keen and ready to learn
- Excellent staff who are supportive and focused
- A commitment to continued professional development
- Supportive parents and governors who are committed to the school
Great Berry Primary School is a popular, oversubscribed school, if you feel you have the skills, experience and enthusiasm for this opportunity visits to our school are warmly welcomed and encouraged, please contact Mrs Liddicott on 01268 544709.
All appointments are subject to safer recruitment requirement to ensure the safeguarding of children and young people. All positions will involve appropriate checks and clearances.
Closing date: Thursday 14th February 2019
Interviews: Tuesday 26th February 2019
Start date: Tuesday 23rd April 2019
Information about the School
Great Berry Primary School is part of Cresco Multi Academy Trust together with Janet Duke and Noak Bridge Primary Schools. The aim is to share good practice and provide the best education for all our children.
We believe that this collaborative partnership will have a positive impact and enable us to drive school improvement, help us to build capacity, develop our staff, secure the best financial value for each of our academies and support greater pupil attainment and opportunity.