Download printable version
Required for September 2019
The college is seeking a well-qualified, innovative and enthusiastic specialist to join our science department. Successful applicants would be required to teach science at key stages 3 and 4. NQTs are particularly welcome to apply.
The successful candidate will be:
● committed to providing the very best learning opportunities for their students
● able to challenge all students to make exceptional progress
● a strong team player who forms excellent relationships with staff, parents and students
● willing to support the strong Catholic ethos of our college
We can offer you:
● a warm and welcoming college with excellent links to parish communities
● enthusiastic and well-behaved students who are eager to learn
● supportive, hardworking staff, governors and parents
● opportunities to further your professional development
We are a highly respected and over-subscribed Catholic college that Ofsted found to be outstanding in its commitment to the social, moral and spiritual development of all its students. Our recent section 48 inspection found the college to have many other areas of outstanding practice.
The governing body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all young people and expects all staff to share that commitment. The successful applicant will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check. Applications will only be accepted on the college application form.
We would be delighted to arrange an informal visit; please contact Mr Peter Jeffery, Head of Department for Science, on 01206 549222
Further details and an application pack are available on the college website, www.stbenedicts.essex.sch.uk or from Mrs Angela Jones, HR Administrator: telephone 01206 549222; fax 01206 579342; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: Midday on Thursday 24th January 2019. Interviews to be held on Monday 4th February.
Early applications are encouraged. If there is a sufficiently strong field, the college may choose to interview before the closing date.