Download printable version
Job Title: Receptionist and School Administrator
The duties and responsibilities will include:
· Ensuring the provision of a pleasant and welcoming reception as first point of contact for parents and visitors to the school in person and by telephone.
· Deal with enquiries and provide information and advice about the school and school activities for parents, pupils and visitors both in person and by telephone.
· Maintain & update manual and computerised records/management systems
· Provide routine clerical support e.g. photocopying, filing, emailing, complete routine forms
· Upload data and produce reports as required
· Undertake typing and word-processing
· Provide administrative and organisational support to the Office Manager
· Provide assistance with children's First Aid and update records as required
· Contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of the school
· Establish constructive relationships and communicate with other professionals
· Sort and distribute post and email accounts
· To keep the school office and reception area as an orderly, pleasant and efficient working environment
· Previous Reception experience
· Previous school based office experience preferred
· Proficient in using IT systems, including Microsoft Windows and Office packages
· GCSE qualification, Grade A-C (or equivalent) in English and Mathematics.
· A willingness to participate in and a commitment to training and professional development
· First Aid Certificate an advantage
· Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
· Good interpersonal skills
· Confident user of ICT
· Flexibility and ability to adapt
· Proactive rather than reactive and willing to seek advice and support where necessary
· Good planning and organisational skills
· Ability to prioritise workload and meet exacting deadlines
· Demonstrate discretion and sensitivity when dealing with all matters
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Visits to the school are welcomed before applying for this post. Please call for an appointment.