Download printable version
Working 20 hours per week per week term time only (38 weeks per year)
Teaching Assistant Band 2 Point 11-14 £7,599.10 - £7,900.26 (dependent on experience and service)
Parkwood Academy have a wonderful opportunity for an enthusiastic and passionate Teaching Assistant and Midday Assistant to join their friendly and supportive Team
The successful candidate will be a self-motivated, dedicated person who enjoys using their own initiative, as well as working as part of a team. Working 20 hours per week; Monday to Friday, hours to be confirmed with successful candidate. As part of the role you will provide midday supervision duties during the lunchtime period.
We would be delighted to hear from you if you:
- Have good literacy and numeracy skills with GCSE Literacy and Numeracy grades A-C.
- Be educated to NVQ Level 2 in learning support / early years or equivalent qualification or experience.
- Have experience working with a child in a school / early years' environment.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Have the ability to overcome communication barriers with children and adults.
- Understand and support the importance of social and emotional wellbeing.
- Be adaptable to work within a small specialised team supporting the children of the school with various needs.
- Have good organisational and interpersonal skills.
- Have the ability to work on your own initiative.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Be prepared to develop and learn in the role.
- Experience is desirable.
What we can offer you:
- An established Multi Academy Trust of Primary schools who work closely together for the benefit of everyone.
- Recent innovations have been the development of the 'Leadership Academy' which delivers high quality professional development to all staff.
- A dynamic and collaborative team of Teachers, Leaders and a central team who are dedicated and committed to the success of all pupils and staff alike.
- Additional holiday in October giving a two week break, enabled by an early close on every Friday which is utilised for CPD.
- Engaged and enthusiastic pupils who are 'proud to belong' to our school and enjoy learning in a stimulating environment.
If this role is of interest to you and you have demonstrable experience in the majority of the above accountabilities, please apply now. In addition, please see the Job Description and Person Specification with full details of experience required to fulfil this highly rewarding role.
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed and encouraged. Please contact the school directly on 01245 354605 to arrange a visit.
South Essex Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. We follow safer recruitment practice and appointments are subject to satisfactory DBS certification and references. We are an equal opportunities employer. For more information, please visit our website; www.seacademytrust.co.uk.
Information about the School
Our school thrives by fostering relationships between staff, parents, governors, children and the wider community.
Every member of our school community is committed to creating the best possible learning environment for your child. Whilst we strive for high academic standards we are also committed to developing the creative, physical, emotional and social aspects in our children.
We look forward to meeting and working with you all.