Download printable version
Working 30 hours per week term time only (38 weeks per year)
SEN Teaching Assistant Band 3 Point 17-25
£12,514.59 - £15,489.75 (dependent on experience and service)
This is a fixed term post linked to SEN funding
Bardfield Academy have a wonderful opportunity for an enthusiastic and passionate SEN Teaching Assistant to join their friendly and supportive Team
An SEN Teaching Assistant and Midday Assistant is required to work 30 hours per week to provide support to a child with an EHC Plan. The successful candidate will need to be able to follow a 'One Plan' under the guidance of the Class Teacher and SENCO and preferably to have experience of working with children with Autism. We are a very supporting school and promote the personal development of all staff. Working Monday to Thursday from 08:30 a.m. to 15:15 p.m. with a 25 minute lunch break and Friday 08:30 a.m. to 13:45 p.m.
We would be delighted to hear from you if you:
- Have experience and skills working with pupils with ASD
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Have good literacy and numeracy skills with GCSE Literacy and Numeracy grades A-C.
- Have the ability to deal with challenging behaviour
- Have the ability to create positive learning environments
- Have creative and practical skills for activities.
- Have the ability to work on your own initiative.
- Have the ability to remain calm under pressure.
What we can offer you:
- An established Multi Academy Trust of Primary schools who work closely together for the benefit of everyone.
- Recent innovations have been the development of the 'Leadership Academy' which delivers high quality professional development to all staff.
- A dynamic and collaborative team of Teachers, Leaders and a central team who are dedicated and committed to the success of all pupils and staff alike.
- Engaged and enthusiastic pupils who are 'proud to belong' to our school and enjoy learning in a stimulating environment.
If this role is of interest to you and you have demonstrable experience in the majority of the above accountabilities, please apply now. In addition, please see the Job Description and Person Specification with full details of experience required to fulfil this highly rewarding role.
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed and encouraged. Please contact the school directly on 01268 553488 to arrange a visit.
South Essex Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. We follow safer recruitment practice and appointments are subject to satisfactory DBS certification and references. We are an equal opportunities employer. For more information, please visit our website; www.seacademytrust.co.uk.