Download printable version
This is a fixed term position until 31/08/2019 linked to funding
Working 28.5 hours per week, term time 38 weeks per year
Learning Support Assistant - Band 2 Point 11-16
Acting HLTA - Band 3 Point 17-21
We have a wonderful opportunity at Winter Gardens Academy for a highly motivated and passionate Learning Support Assistant, who can also act up to a HLTA position (as and when required), to join their friendly and supportive team.
Do you have the determination and energy to secure positive outcomes for our pupils?
Do you want to work in a forward thinking and aspirational academy?
We are looking to appoint a self-motivated and enthusiastic individual, who enjoy using their own initiative as well as working as part of a team. Working 28.5 hours per week, Monday to Thursday from 08.30 a.m. to 15.25 p.m. and Friday from 08:30 a.m. to 13:30 p.m.
We would be delighted to hear from you if you…
● Have excellent literacy and numeracy skills with GCSE Literacy and Numeracy grades A-C
● Be educated to NVQ Level 2 in learning support/early years or Equivalent qualification or experience
● Have experience working in a school setting
● Have relevant experience working with children
● Have Excellent communication skills
● Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Have the ability to overcome communication barriers with children and adults.
● Have good organisational and interpersonal skills
● Have the ability to work on your own initiative
● Have the ability to deal with challenging behaviour
● Ability to remain calm under pressure.
● Be caring, patient and empathetic
● Have a positive and enthusiastic attitude
● Have a positive and inspirational approach with a real passion for making a difference.
● Want to be a valued member of a professional and supportive team.
What we can offer you:
● An established Multi Academy Trust of Primary schools who work closely together for the benefit of everyone.
● Recent innovations have been the development of the 'Leadership Academy' which delivers high quality professional development to all staff.
● A dynamic and collaborative team of Teachers, Leaders and a central team who are dedicated and committed to the success of all pupils and staff alike.
● Engaged and enthusiastic pupils who are 'proud to belong' to our school and enjoy learning in a stimulating environment.
If this role is of interest to you and you have demonstrable experience in the majority of the
above accountabilities, please apply now. In addition, please see the Job Description and
Person Specification with full details of experience required to fulfil this highly rewarding role.
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed and encouraged. Please contact the school directly on 01268 699305 to arrange a visit.
South Essex Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of
children and expects all staff to share this commitment. We follow safer recruitment practice
and appointments are subject to satisfactory DBS certification and references. We are an
equal opportunities employer. For more information, please visit our website;
Information about the School
We are a friendly, happy and caring school and are looking for a candidate who will contribute to our very effective learning environment.