Download printable version
Assistant Head teacher - Required forEaster 2019 / September 2019
Leadership Spine Points 7 (£46,430) to 11 (£51,234)
The Headteacher and Governors are seeking to appoint a highly motivated, dedicated and inspirational Assistant Headteacher to join a team of professionals working with learners with a wide range of complex needs including severe, profound and multiple learning difficulties, medical needs and autism.
Glenwood is a successful special school for pupils aged 3-19 yrs. We currently provide for 217 young people. In September 2018 we moved into a superb new building and our next exciting project, developing a 20 bed residential provision, as part of the school, is underway.
Experience of working with pupils with special educational needs is essential as is the highest commitment to improving the lives of young people and their parents/carers.
You will be:
- able to imagine life from each individual learners' point of view
- experienced in leadership and management in a special school
- an outstanding classroom practitioner
- passionate about supporting young people with additional needs and disabilities
- good at forming positive relationships and building partnerships
- self-motivated and driven by opportunities to make a positive difference
- a skilled communicator
- positive, resourceful, innovative and able to embrace change
We can offer you the opportunity to:
- spend time with amazing young people and their parents/carers
- join a hardworking, committed and professional team of staff and a supportive governing body
- work in a school with an excellent reputation in the community
- collaborate with a range of partner agencies
- develop your skills
- take a role in developing the new residential provision
Please see the attached application pack for full details.