Download printable version
Job Titile: Midday Assistant
Grade:Band 1, point 10
Reports to : Senior Midday Assistant/Headteacher
Liaison with:Pupils, Senior Midday Assistant, Headteacher, Teaching staff, Catering And Caretaking Staff
Acting as part of a team, to take care and control of all the children on the school premises during the midday break between the morning and afternoon teaching sessions.
· To maintain the safety, welfare and good conduct of the pupils during the midday break
· To assist children in selecting their meal and sitting in an appropriate place in the dining hall, sandwich room.
· To assist children with eating their meal if applicable.
· To clear tables when meals are finished and clear up any associated spillages.
· To enforce the necessary sanctions for maintaining good order.
· To administer basic first aid as required.
· To keep daily records of first aid administered, behaviour and sanctions employed, together with any other relevant records that may be needed.
· To provide pastoral care, guidance and routine advice to pupils as appropriate.
· Where necessary and appropriate to lead games and activities with the children.
· To alert Senior Midday Assistant and/or the Headteacher of any concerns regarding an individual child or group of children
· To attend relevant training and meetings as required.
· To respect confidentiality at all times.
· To participate in the performance and development review process, taking personal responsibility for identification of learning, development and training opportunities in discussion with line manager.
· To understand and apply school policies in relation to health, safety, welfare and behaviour of pupils.
· To comply with individual responsibilities, in accordance with the role, for health & safety in the workplace
· Ensure that all duties and services provided are in accordance with the School's Equal Opportunities Policy
· The Governing Body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment.
· The duties above are neither exclusive nor exhaustive and the postholder may be required by the Headteacher to carry out appropriate duties within the context of the job, skills and grade.
Hours are lunchtime Monday to Friday, 6 hours and 10 minutes per week. Dayscan be flexible.